1994-11-09 New York, NY

Steve Perry Solo Tour 1994 - 1995
techtuts
Site Admin

Re: 1994-11-09 New York, NY

Postby techtuts » Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:38 am

chaseharlann03 wrote:
techtuts wrote:
chaseharlann03 wrote:this is crazy, steve perry reuploaded a bootleg of separate ways Register to view links
That is funny, he also asks who the taper is but the comments are disabled

haha yes, the comments are now enabled
I believe the show was recorded by the NYBG. At the end of the show they say 'a nybg and living after midnight production'. The living after midnight productions guys name is apparently Kevin Weinstein. They did record audio separate from the video too (Alternate audio source), might have been done by rcsguy (rings a bell but I could be wrong).

chaseharlann03

Postby chaseharlann03 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:45 am

techtuts wrote:
chaseharlann03 wrote:
techtuts wrote:That is funny, he also asks who the taper is but the comments are disabled

haha yes, the comments are now enabled
I believe the show was recorded by the NYBG. At the end of the show they say 'a nybg and living after midnight production'. The living after midnight productions guys name is apparently Kevin Weinstein. They did record audio separate from the video too (Alternate audio source), might have been done by rcsguy (rings a bell but I could be wrong).

the filmers name is Frank Chase
chaseharlann

techtuts
Site Admin

Postby techtuts » Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:55 am

chaseharlann03 wrote:the filmers name is Frank Chase
Thanks for the info
This is a youtube comment he left which might be interesting;
"I'm the filmer of this video. Obviously back then, there were no cell phones doing video. You either had a $1,000+ video camera or you had no video. By far most of the concerts I filmed in the late 80's and 90's, the only video to come out of a show was what I filmed. That being said, to try and give people a feel for what it was like to be there filming it, the Beacon Theater 2nd balcony in the 1st row where I filmed quite a few shows from, as you can see, it's quite a steep angle down to the stage.

Sitting back in the seat, I was filming above a ledge, but below a bar that was about a foot above it. Plus, add in security coming to seat people in the only 9 seats across rows (like the camera duck about a minute in due to that). Regardless of anyone's opinion of this video, the fact is that there wouldn't be any video of this show to watch if I didn't videotape this. I left my mark. :-)"

chaseharlann03

Postby chaseharlann03 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:24 am

techtuts wrote:
chaseharlann03 wrote:the filmers name is Frank Chase
Thanks for the info
This is a youtube comment he left which might be interesting;
"I'm the filmer of this video. Obviously back then, there were no cell phones doing video. You either had a $1,000+ video camera or you had no video. By far most of the concerts I filmed in the late 80's and 90's, the only video to come out of a show was what I filmed. That being said, to try and give people a feel for what it was like to be there filming it, the Beacon Theater 2nd balcony in the 1st row where I filmed quite a few shows from, as you can see, it's quite a steep angle down to the stage.

Sitting back in the seat, I was filming above a ledge, but below a bar that was about a foot above it. Plus, add in security coming to seat people in the only 9 seats across rows (like the camera duck about a minute in due to that). Regardless of anyone's opinion of this video, the fact is that there wouldn't be any video of this show to watch if I didn't videotape this. I left my mark. :-)"

we are super fortunate that we got this footage from this generous taper, he definitely risked it all for this haha. it’s really unfortunate that steve perry didn’t want the tour to be professionally recorded in both audio & video except for one performance in 1995 which is missing you
chaseharlann

thechurch

Postby thechurch » Tue May 03, 2022 3:48 pm

My hat is certainly off to the guy that filmed this show.

Terry :D

realtulp

Postby realtulp » Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:58 pm

thx for the Perry concerts

Return to “For The Love Of Strange Medicine”