Hidden new album?

Any discussion related to Journey
BFisch89

Hidden new album?

Postby BFisch89 » Tue Apr 04, 2023 1:32 am

So the other day I got some kind of notification of a new Journey album, titled You're On Your Own. It comes up as not being available, and it's hard to find even knowing what to search. I've seen similar cases recently where such an album was available to people in Europe but not the US. I can't match the setlist to any shows. Certainly not in this running order:

You're On Your Own (9:35)
Of a Lifetime (7:50)
On a Saturday Nite (6:36)
Look Into the Future (8:07)
It's All Too Much (5:28)
In My Lonely Feelings (4:07)
Midnight Dreamer (7:50)

I'm curious what show this is from. It somewhat resembles the 1976 Chicago show and the 1976 Seattle show, but the songs are in a completely different order from either show, though the missing songs from either set are at the beginning and end of the sets, so the running order could have been left intact.

I recall the released Live Into the Future album (from the Chicago show) had the disastrous edit of all songs fading in and out, even when they segue, so those edits could easily be shuffled around. But then why exclude "Mystery Mountain"? The beginning is awkward because of the fade in, but because of how the other songs are handled, it's not the only one. So that option doesn't make much sense. I'm also currently checking the time of some of the songs, and it doesn't match what's on Live Into the Future.

Does anyone have any insight?

Here is the YouTube link:
Register to view links

techtuts
Site Admin

Re: Hidden new album?

Postby techtuts » Tue Apr 04, 2023 2:24 am

It seems to be the 76 Chicago show re-ordered

BFisch89

Postby BFisch89 » Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:06 am

techtuts wrote:It seems to be the 76 Chicago show re-ordered

That's what I initially expected, but it seems odd to leave off 2 songs. (I forgot about "In the Morning Day") And when I checked the times for two of the songs, they were way off. "Of a Lifetime" is 10 seconds too long here, and "In My Lonely Feelings" here is 30 seconds shorter than on Live Into the Future, and even that was edited down a bit. Normally, such a re-release wouldn't bother to change all that so much, even when they do shuffle the order. (and the fadeouts on Live Into the Future make that incredibly easy, too)

Though I also must admit skepticism of a 4 minute "In My Lonely Feelings/Conversations"

BFisch89

Postby BFisch89 » Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:35 am

I'm checking further, and all of the times are off from Live Into the Future. Some by over a minute.

It's really annoying that I can't just listen to this to find out.

techtuts
Site Admin

Postby techtuts » Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:54 pm

BFisch89 wrote:I'm checking further, and all of the times are off from Live Into the Future. Some by over a minute.

I assume that youtube linked is blocked for you in the US? Im in europe and its avaliable to me (think you mentioned something like that). It sounds exactly like the chicago show

BFisch89

Postby BFisch89 » Sun Apr 09, 2023 6:02 pm

techtuts wrote:
BFisch89 wrote:I'm checking further, and all of the times are off from Live Into the Future. Some by over a minute.

I assume that youtube linked is blocked for you in the US? Im in europe and its avaliable to me (think you mentioned something like that). It sounds exactly like the chicago show

You are correct, the videos come up as unavailable for me. It being the Chicago show is what I would have expected, but what's with the times being so different? Does it still have everything fading in and out between each song?

techtuts
Site Admin

Postby techtuts » Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:27 am

BFisch89 wrote:
techtuts wrote:

You are correct, the videos come up as unavailable for me. It being the Chicago show is what I would have expected, but what's with the times being so different? Does it still have everything fading in and out between each song?
It doesn't really have smooth transitions, its just cut up.

Return to “General Discussion”