Give Arnel a Break

Any discussion related to Journey
Yoda Sonic Fighter

Give Arnel a Break

Postby Yoda Sonic Fighter » Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:47 pm

I don't think he can survive another 3 years of touring even with all the backup singer's they have. it won't stop his voice from being wasted away. I saw what happened with ''Steve Augeri'' at one point they had five band members singing, and it still didn't save his voice. I'm not trying to be mean to him. just Feel bad for him I would hate for him to lose his dream!!!

chaseharlann03

Re: Give Arnel a Break

Postby chaseharlann03 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:39 am

arnel should’ve been laid off in 2012, that’s when his voice started to have problems and now it’s even worse. his singing technique isn’t healthy either, if you notice he screeches notes out and forces notes that he can’t get easily. the same goes with steve augeri, but his was worse because he got to the point where he would sing and nothing came out
chaseharlann

Loneman1

Re: Give Arnel a Break

Postby Loneman1 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:57 am

Definitely one of the hardest catalogs to sing, and it leaves every singer that takes on the mantle a bit rougher than they went in. I've always said that moderation is key, and that applies to lead singers as well!! Take more time off.......it seems like a no brainer, but Neal never quite got that memo or at least not the sheer importance of it. Once a singer's voice is burned or pushed too far, it takes forever to heal, if ever! A guitar player will maybe have finger cramp, broken string, whatever, it ain't the same! lol

Return to “General Discussion”