We Need To Tape Hunt

Any discussion related to Journey
chaseharlann03

We Need To Tape Hunt

Postby chaseharlann03 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:13 am

We really need to find more tapes of Journey, there is tapes out there and that’s a fact but to find them
we must search. Facebook & YouTube has many leads on existing tapes but usually all are dead ends. The use OnAJurny is around again but no words on any new releases. On the topic of OnAJurny, the Kentucky 1983 clip shared in the past is actually not the right show & I have photos backing it up aswell. I recommend possibly forming a mini search party team to atleast hunt for tapes, maybe this is too ambitious but yes

My friend and myself are currently trying to find the origins of Kentucky 1983 & trying to find what show the footage is from. here is photos that are actually from kentucky but the video isn’t even though it says it is Register to view links
Last edited by chaseharlann03 on Fri Jul 15, 2022 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chaseharlann

techtuts
Site Admin

Re: We Need To Tape Hunt

Postby techtuts » Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:36 am

Did you ever hear back from Register to view links about the 81 JFK show?
He seems to have a Register to view links and Register to view links account too which you can try contact.

chaseharlann03

Postby chaseharlann03 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:39 am

techtuts wrote:Did you ever hear back from Register to view links about the 81 JFK show?
He seems to have a Register to view links and Register to view links account too which you can try contact.

We could definitely try, to do that yes but from what I’ve read about this concert, Journeys set was short due to being booed off stage . Also, there was another person I’ve contacted in the pass with a tape from 1986 but I it lead to a dead unfortunately. Does FresnoMediaRestoration still exist in any form? There is most likely more tapes from them aswell considering the large sum of tapes collected.
chaseharlann

chaseharlann03

Postby chaseharlann03 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:42 am

Also a recent Journey documentary featured masters of Tokyo 1980 pro shot. The credits of the docu may have some information of where it originated. The docu was the Breaking The Band on Reelz
chaseharlann

techtuts
Site Admin

Postby techtuts » Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:08 pm

chaseharlann03 wrote:We could definitely try, to do that yes but from what I’ve read about this concert, Journeys set was short due to being booed off stage . Also, there was another person I’ve contacted in the pass with a tape from 1986 but I it lead to a dead unfortunately. Does FresnoMediaRestoration still exist in any form? There is most likely more tapes from them aswell considering the large sum of tapes collected.
I did contact FresnoMediaRestoration at the time on facebook but the account seems to be deleted now. He said the tapers didn't want to share the original masters and I also asked him if he had any other shows and he didn't respond.
I know is the description from the show 'Journey opens for Santana at the Arena..One of Glenn's Great Recordings with his JVC KD-2/EV PL-76's Rig'.

The guy is called Register to view links

chaseharlann03

Postby chaseharlann03 » Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:53 am

techtuts wrote:
chaseharlann03 wrote:We could definitely try, to do that yes but from what I’ve read about this concert, Journeys set was short due to being booed off stage . Also, there was another person I’ve contacted in the pass with a tape from 1986 but I it lead to a dead unfortunately. Does FresnoMediaRestoration still exist in any form? There is most likely more tapes from them aswell considering the large sum of tapes collected.
I did contact FresnoMediaRestoration at the time on facebook but the account seems to be deleted now. He said the tapers didn't want to share the original masters and I also asked him if he had any other shows and he didn't respond.
I know is the description from the show 'Journey opens for Santana at the Arena..One of Glenn's Great Recordings with his JVC KD-2/EV PL-76's Rig'.

The guy is called Register to view links

There’s gotta be a work around to get those tapes but I guess we’re out of luck. It would be great to get this clip which is from actually from Lexington in better quality. I’ve tried looking on archive.org for any copies if someone archived on there but couldn’t find any. I also tried contacting the guy but no reply either. It seems like most new Journey recordings lead to a brick wall
chaseharlann

Return to “General Discussion”