Tapes Wanted

Post here if you have any audio/video tapes (eg. Cassette/VHS) or unaltered transfers uncirculated or circulated (your copy may be lower gen/better quality)
Beanrock124
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:10 am
Contact:

Re: Tapes Wanted

Postby Beanrock124 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:13 am

chaseharlann03 wrote:
Loneman1 wrote:
Beanrock124 wrote:Do you have the following concerts in chronological order, ones that I haven't asked for yet? (probably not but why not give it a try)

1. Oklahoma City, OK 11/3/81
2. Atlanta, GA 4/20/83 (hehe)
3. Atlanta, GA 4/21/83
4. Orlando, FL 4/23/83
5. Miami, FL 4/24/83
6. Landover, MD 5/3/83
7. The show Neal Schon got hit with a beer bottle (unsure of date)
8. Lexington, KY 5/30/83 (setlist website says Only The Young was played)
9. Rock and Roll Super Bowl, New Orleans, LA 7/17/83
10. Norman, OK 7/20/83
11. Full 25 song setlist of Norman, OK concert 7/21/83
12. Calaveras County Fairgrounds, CA 8/23/86
13. Columbia, SC 11/15/86


Here's what I believe is the last short clip I have from that "OnaJurny" dude from his YouTube channel years ago before he disappeared that I haven't seen posted anywhere........its supposedly 37 seconds from the Kentucky '83 show. Hopefully someday the whole thing will surface!!

Register to view links

It’s unfortunate that this person only shared clips of shows. Any idea how this person has so much of these rare pro shots but we’re unable to find anything besides the common gigs like budokan 2nd night, philly 83, tokyo 81, etc? I’ve done some tape hunting on FB & youtube it’s it’s near impossible to find new stuff. So this ‘hoarder’ had all these wonderful stuff that will probably never see the light of day.

Yeah, I really hope that guy will post new stuff eventually.

User avatar
Loneman1
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:04 am

Re: Tapes Wanted

Postby Loneman1 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:56 am

Beanrock124 wrote:Amazing find! Is there any more clips you have from that "OnAJurny" guy that you haven't posted here yet?


Nope, sadly that '83 clip is that last one I had left saved from his old obsolete channel that I hadn't seen posted anywhere else to my knowledge.

chaseharlann03 wrote:It’s unfortunate that this person only shared clips of shows. Any idea how this person has so much of these rare pro shots but we’re unable to find anything besides the common gigs like budokan 2nd night, philly 83, tokyo 81, etc? I’ve done some tape hunting on FB & youtube it’s it’s near impossible to find new stuff. So this ‘hoarder’ had all these wonderful stuff that will probably never see the light of day.


Yeah, from what I remember about him and his trade list was that there were a number of "off limits" things that were only for collectors with grail items to trade for his grail items. I believe he had stuff for sale years after he closed his YouTube channel, but I never could confirm it was the same guy since I seem to recall he accepted payment under a store front name or something along those lines. Many of the items he had available looked familiar, but it had been a loooooong time since I had seen his trade list. I do hope he's still out there someplace.....seeing MrPowerride show up here was a nice blast from the past, so who knows if OnaJurny is still lurking within the Journey trading circles.

I hope someday he or others that he got his grails items from leaks them. Hell, as mentioned, it'd be great if Neal leaked a few here and there himself!! :lol: Lord knows if Sony has their way we've seen pretty much all we're going to see as far as legacy releases unless Perry or Journey get white hot with a really great selling new album and they ride the coattails and capitalize with an old DVD concert release from the archives. According Herbie Herbert in an intervew he did a couple of years ago Sony has ALL the footage of every concert they did from '82-'87 which Neal and Jon basically just gave away to Sony, much to Herbie's dismay. It still kinda hurts to type that even now knowing that stuff will never see the light of day!

User avatar
Loneman1
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:04 am

Re: Tapes Wanted

Postby Loneman1 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:04 am

Interesting sidenote I just remembered..........the "My Main Man" DVD that is listed here on the site (https://dixiehighway.rocks/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=134) was actually one of the things on "OnaJurny's list. I think this version was available to trade for regular rarity bootlegs, but IIRC he had a "My Main Man Deluxe" version that had more rare performances included. I need to see if I have his trade list saved someplace from waaaaay back when.....

User avatar
chaseharlann03
Posts: 152
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:24 pm
Location: Las Vegas
Contact:

Re: Tapes Wanted

Postby chaseharlann03 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:48 am

Loneman1 wrote:Interesting sidenote I just remembered..........the "My Main Man" DVD that is listed here on the site (https://dixiehighway.rocks/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=134) was actually one of the things on "OnaJurny's list. I think this version was available to trade for regular rarity bootlegs, but IIRC he had a "My Main Man Deluxe" version that had more rare performances included. I need to see if I have his trade list saved someplace from waaaaay back when.....

If you find the old trade list do share. I wonder what gems are on there. And wow, I’ve never heard word of a more extensive copy of MMM, even more gems on there that we probably won’t see unless we do some heavny digging
chaseharlann

Beanrock124
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:10 am
Contact:

Re: Tapes Wanted

Postby Beanrock124 » Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:25 pm

I'm surprised the guy who recorded the '79, '80, '81, and '86 performances in Atlanta, GA didn't record the performances on April 20 and 21, 1983, unless he did and the tapes hasn't surfaced yet.

User avatar
chaseharlann03
Posts: 152
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:24 pm
Location: Las Vegas
Contact:

Re: Tapes Wanted

Postby chaseharlann03 » Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:04 pm

Beanrock124 wrote:I'm surprised the guy who recorded the '79, '80, '81, and '86 performances in Atlanta, GA didn't record the performances on April 20 and 21, 1983, unless he did and the tapes hasn't surfaced yet.

taper didn’t go to the 83 shows as for as i know. the reason i say this is because he compared the 86 show to 81 as opposed to the 83 shows. you can hear him say that multiple times aswell
chaseharlann

Beanrock124
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:10 am
Contact:

Re: Tapes Wanted

Postby Beanrock124 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:14 am

chaseharlann03 wrote:
Beanrock124 wrote:I'm surprised the guy who recorded the '79, '80, '81, and '86 performances in Atlanta, GA didn't record the performances on April 20 and 21, 1983, unless he did and the tapes hasn't surfaced yet.

taper didn’t go to the 83 shows as for as i know. the reason i say this is because he compared the 86 show to 81 as opposed to the 83 shows. you can hear him say that multiple times aswell

Oh wow I never noticed that.

User avatar
chaseharlann03
Posts: 152
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:24 pm
Location: Las Vegas
Contact:

Re: Tapes Wanted

Postby chaseharlann03 » Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:05 am

Loneman1 wrote:
Beanrock124 wrote:Do you have the following concerts in chronological order, ones that I haven't asked for yet? (probably not but why not give it a try)

1. Oklahoma City, OK 11/3/81
2. Atlanta, GA 4/20/83 (hehe)
3. Atlanta, GA 4/21/83
4. Orlando, FL 4/23/83
5. Miami, FL 4/24/83
6. Landover, MD 5/3/83
7. The show Neal Schon got hit with a beer bottle (unsure of date)
8. Lexington, KY 5/30/83 (setlist website says Only The Young was played)
9. Rock and Roll Super Bowl, New Orleans, LA 7/17/83
10. Norman, OK 7/20/83
11. Full 25 song setlist of Norman, OK concert 7/21/83
12. Calaveras County Fairgrounds, CA 8/23/86
13. Columbia, SC 11/15/86


Here's what I believe is the last short clip I have from that "OnaJurny" dude from his YouTube channel years ago before he disappeared that I haven't seen posted anywhere........its supposedly 37 seconds from the Kentucky '83 show. Hopefully someday the whole thing will surface!!

Register to view links

I believe this show isn’t actually from Kentucky but of a different show on this tour. The reason I say that is because I have a few photos from this concert and the band is wearing different clothing than what is present in this video. Which yes they would have changed their clothes but Steve Perry usually doesn’t & the photos I have are him wearing the ‘pick a winner’ shirt
chaseharlann


Return to “Bootleg Collection”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest